Answered

How to add a Sub without a Play or Connect?

• 31 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos through out the house. Some run though a Savant amp and some through Connects. I am trying to add a sub to a room that is not using a Connect. It is not allowing me and says that a sub can only be used in a room with a Play or Connect Amp. Really? Is there a work around? Thank you in advance.
icon

Best answer by Chris 1 February 2018, 00:52

You have to have a Play speaker or Connect:Amp in room with sub. Required as they are the only ones you would setup crossover with.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have to have a Play speaker or Connect:Amp in room with sub. Required as they are the only ones you would setup crossover with.
Interesting. Is there a way to "pair" two rooms together? I have an extra Connect Amp. I could set it up without speakers and then assign the Sub to it. But I would want to make sure that whenever I was playing the one room the "extra" room with the sub would be playing. Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You would have to assign the sub to the Connect:Amp and then group the Connect:Amp room with the room you want to be playing in.