How do I play vinyl through my soundbar

• 12 August 2018
  • 6 replies

I have followed the various community answers and connected my turntable to my connect. Sound play out through my hifi speakers which are connected to sonos but I cannot get any sound out of my soundbar. I have group them but still no sound. I cannot adjust the sounds of the hifi via the sonos app either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Do you have the following in room settings?
Autoplay room: Your Connect room
Include grouped rooms checked

Starting with the Connect, group it with the oh&
Hi John, I think I am being extremely thick but I can see "Autoroom" and I am using the latest version.
Actually, do you mean this........
I meant this. Which controller is that?
Thanks John B.
I set it up as show in your attachment but still no sound from my soundbar. I cannot adjust the volume of my hifi using sonos either. It must be the way I have it wired.
It sounds like you may have the Connect set to a fixed volume output. That would be why you can't change the hifi volume with Sonos, only on the hif unit itself. That isn't wrong, just an option.

That setting shouldn't have anything to do with audio playing on the playbar. If you're grouping the rooms together, as your screen suggestions and making sure the source is set to the line in, it should work, if it's wired correctly.

I would double check your wiring to make sure you've got that right. The turntable output should be to Connect's input. Then the Connect's output to the hifi system. Is that how you have it setup? If you had the turntable connected to the hifi, then hifi connected to the Connnect, I can see where you could end up with sound on the hifi, but not passed to the Connect and therefore not to the playbar...if the hifi isn't sending out audio properly.