Question

How do I get sonos to trigger an external amp

How can I get my sonos connect to trigger on my external amp ?? I wish sonos would add a 12v trigger... I am trying to figure out how to get my sonos to trigger on my external amp from standby mode. I don't want to leave amp in active mode all the time.

3 replies

Hi CapnAndre

Welcome to the Community!

Officially you can't , technically the only way you could do it would be to get a bit handy with a soldering iron and obviously we wouldn't recommend or support that.

i.e. you could get a the appropriate relay that switches at a very low level and tap an output from the connect and use this to switch the relay connected to the trigger input to the amp.

I hope this makes some sense!
Matt R, this is a huge missing feature in Sonos. Sonos should offer a sonos branded solution or point to a specific product that solves this. I've been a customer for a long time with a lot of your product and this issue is a huge frustration for people.
Badge
I use Indigo Domotics home automation. I set up a trigger that automatically turns on my Denon amp and sets it to the Sonos input, sets the volume to -14 (that number works for me) as soon as the Sonos player goes into a playing state. When the sonos pauses/stops, it waits 60 seconds and then turns off the denon. I added the 60 delay in case I am just changing music sources, so it won't keep turning on and off. Woks great with no issues. I'm sure other home automations systems can do this too.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)