Hide Port from rooms list when used for input only - premium devices need premium interface

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi there

if you’re going to sell Sonos Ports to be used as line in only options for $600 you need to be able to turn it off on the list of rooms because it’s completely unnecessary and ruins the experience. Please make this a feature as it really is disappointing given how expensive it is to use the port as a line in option that the interface is not adjustable accordingly. Thank you

alternatively sell a cheap line in option that won’t appear in the list of rooms and I’m sure you’ll have many many many many more happy customers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there

if you’re going to sell Sonos Ports to be used as line in only options for $600 you need to be able to turn it off on the list of rooms because it’s completely unnecessary and ruins the experience. Please make this a feature as it really is disappointing given how expensive it is to use the port as a line in option that the interface is not adjustable accordingly. Thank you

While it sounds like a reasonable feature request, I don’t think Sonos has ever advertised the Port as a “line in only device”, since it has an output.  Sure, it could be used this way, but so could the Amp or Five.  And the Port is $450 USD, not $600.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just curious as to how the Port is unnecessary and how it ruins your experience? Is it just because it is on the list as en extra room that you won’t play to, because you use it as an “in” only?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I use my Connect as a line in only - to get the music from my CD-player into the Sonos environment. I have never seen this a a problem…..