Answered

Has the new Sonos Port fixed the delay issue for DJing?

• 5 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi All, I am a DJ wanting to connect my turntable and mixer to the Sonos speakers. I know through Sonos Connect there is a delay between the music played through the headphones and the actual music played out on the speakers. 
I have just noticed Connect has been replaced with Port so I am wondering if maybe this delay issue has been fixed with Port. 
Thank you 

icon

Best answer by John B 5 February 2020, 13:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There is no difference for the Port.  The lag is deliberate to provide multiroom sync. Sonos is not designed for DJing and so I don't think Sonos regard this as an issue. 

Sorry I can't bring you any better news.

Hi All, I am a DJ wanting to connect my turntable and mixer to the Sonos speakers. I know through Sonos Connect there is a delay between the music played through the headphones and the actual music played out on the speakers. 
I have just noticed Connect has been replaced with Port so I am wondering if maybe this delay issue has been fixed with Port. 
Thank you 

You should forget about using Sonos for any live performance.  The lag is a not something to be “fixed” it is an integral part of the design needed for multi-room sync.  Get a PA system designed for live performances.  

Any multi-room system will introduce a delay to synchronise between the devices. For DJing I use Audio Pro Addon C10 which has a line-in that can be used without delay. Works great, sounds great!