Answered

Has Sonos Removed Even More Functionality?

• 21 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Has Sonos removed the ability to control an aftermarket sub and speakers with the amp. I know they took this feature away from the Mac desktop app. Now it looks like they took it out of the mobile app.

Looks like you can no longer set the crossover between external sub and passive aftermarket speakers. Nor can you adjust the aftermarket sub level.

I adjusted this just yesterday. Then this morning noticed that the subwoofer was very overpowering. I went to the mobile app to turn down the sub level and noticed any subwoofer and speaker adjustments were gone.

icon

Best answer by John B 21 December 2020, 20:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I don't know, but I cannot think of a reason why they would, especially without announcing it. 

Are you sure that it isn't just that your controller and system are on different software versions? That would result in many system management settings being greyed out. 

Badge +1

I cannot think of a reason why they would, especially without announcing it. 

They removed the functionality on the desktop app and never announced it.

That would result in many system management settings being greyed out. 

Nothing is greyed out. The option is simply not there anymore. Which is a shame because now I’m not sure what frequency my aftermarket speakers are crossed over at.

The ones in my office are large higher end floor standing speakers. The ones on a separate Amp are mid size speakers so crossover frequency matters.

Badge +1

I guess I jumped the gun. Turns out after an amp power down and reboot. The external sub controls came back to the mobile app.

Sonos, my bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sure they did, it they gave a several month warning of it on these very forums.

Badge +1

Sure they did, it they gave a several month warning of it on these very forums.

I didn’t scour the the entire forum but all I could find about desktop feature add/remove was this thread. Don’t see much about removal of sub control settings on the desktop app.

Oh well, I guess I missed the announcement. Will continue to get my info from the actual app updates.