Answered

Has Sonos killed my Connect AMP/surround setup?

• 7 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi — I have happily had a Playbar hardwired to a Connect AMP in my lounge for a few years now. I flip between having the Connect AMP on its own to use with my vinyl, and then connecting it for surround sound for my TV. It’s become progressively easier with each upgrade, and the last iteration was pretty simple and convenient. My Connect AMP even turned out to be S2 compatible. 

But now it seems there’s been a new update to S2 and the surround-adding process is different. It seems you can’t add surround unless they’re on WiFi. Is this true? Is my setup dead now? Did Sonos just break the “you’ll always be able to use your system as you have done before” pledge? I’m quite peeved.

Thoughts welcome, thanks!

icon

Best answer by Gafferbee 7 October 2020, 23:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What happens when you try to add the C:A as surrounds?  At what point does it fall over?

Badge

What happens when you try to add the C:A as surrounds?  At what point does it fall over?

I don’t even get that option anymore. When I try to add surrounds I get a new dialog box saying something like. ‘Please make sure you have two surround speakers connected via the same WiFi network’. There are no options to proceed, just an OK or Done button.

There was another thread earlier today where the user had two Sonos Ones ready to add as surrounds but got exact same message. So it may be nothing to do with your having a Connect:Amp (I honestly don't know).

You might try powering down your router and Sonos devices, then power on the router, Playbar and C:A in that order.

Badge

This question has not been answered and I do not know why it has been marked answered.