Question

Google Home

• 28 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Does Sonos have plans to add Google Home to compatible services? I would love to talk to Google to turn on and control my household Sonos system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

They're knee deep in the integration with Echo right now, once that's released, I suspect it would be an easy step to go with Google Home. Do a search for Amazon Echo and Sonos.
They are knee deep in an integration with Amazon's Echo right now. I'd assume once that's done, they'd publish the API so that Google could implement something similar, just like they have done for all the various 3rd party music streaming services.
Odd, I think I've replied to this, but the web page isn't showing my reply.

OK, it's showing this, so I'll add to it.

Right now, Sonos is knee deep in doing an integration with Amazon's Echo system. I'd assume that when they've got that done, they'll roll out an API so that anyone else could do the same thing. Rumor has it that the Amazon integration will be done in the 1st quarter of 2017. Do a google search for Amazon Echo and Sonos, you should be able to pull up the press release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
new spam filter can hit you sometimes if you have links and takes while for it to post.

They are working on Alexa support ... we don't know right now how that will translate to Google Home Support. With Alexa planned for early next year I wouldn't expect any kind of info on Google Home until mid-next year at earliest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My first post didn't come through either. Finicky new spam filter.