Answered

Gen One end of life?

• 12 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Seeing the recent trade in offers I was wondering if there is some planned end of life for Sonos Gen 1 products like most of the kit I own?

I have just had a quick look at the Trade in offer and it is suggesting I spend a further £1500 to upgrade kit which seems to be working perfectly well. While I don’t argue that it is a reasonable offer I just wondered why I would need to do such a thing. 

Is the stuff I own going to stop working at some point?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 12 November 2019, 19:03

Hi geoffA,

We created the Trade Up program with our long-time, loyal customers in mind so that they can have a way to take advantage of our newest product offerings and experiences. We also wanted to offer customers a responsible way to trade in products, through our recycling program and be able to get newer devices with better performance or features. This is an option for people interested in getting the latest and greatest, or who might want to change up their systems (as you could trade in a Connect for example for a discount on any device, such as a Play:5 gen2).

We are also committed to supporting all Sonos products for as long as we are able.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi geoffA,

We created the Trade Up program with our long-time, loyal customers in mind so that they can have a way to take advantage of our newest product offerings and experiences. We also wanted to offer customers a responsible way to trade in products, through our recycling program and be able to get newer devices with better performance or features. This is an option for people interested in getting the latest and greatest, or who might want to change up their systems (as you could trade in a Connect for example for a discount on any device, such as a Play:5 gen2).

We are also committed to supporting all Sonos products for as long as we are able.

Userlevel 2

Ryan,

Thanks for that, does not really answer the question but I guess that would be difficult. As I said I think the trade offer is good but when you have an amount of kit that you built up over a period of time it’s a lot of money to find in one hit.

Geoff

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I completely understand. That last sentence is really the best I can say to such an open ended question. It’s nearly impossible to tell what might happen against the eventuality of “at some point”. We’ll be doing the best we can to keep these devices operating for as long as possible, but the first generation players were made 15 years ago, and a lot has changed since then, and lost more will change in the future.