Answered

gen 1 or 2

How do I find out if my connect and connect amp are gen 1 or gen 2

icon

Best answer by Tracer 24 May 2020, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

I logged in.  The account page was useless. No indication of generation.

Not useless at all.  If your devices were Gen 1, it would say:

• Sonos S1 Required 

• Trade Up Eligible

Great, thank you!

Thanks for this.  It would be nice if the Sonos Support articles were specific in what we were looking for.  This statement:

• “Not sure if your product is Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3? Check the System section of your Sonos account page to find out if your products are compatible with S2.”

doesn’t tell us what to expect, or what they will indicate.  The article suggest that the Gen of the product will be noted.  In the absence of any information whatsoever we’re supposed to assume that everything is compatible.  I had the same experience as @reubanks.

I have a BNIB Amp:Connect and am wondering if it is Gen1 or 2. Becuase never opened its not in my account and cant use the app suggested.

The first part of the serial on the box is: 1808 34-7E-...

Is this gen 1 or 2?

Thanks in advance

Gen 2.  The 1808 is the YYMM of manufacture and anything after 2015 is Gen 2. 

When looking at the serial numbers (at the bottom of each device) what do the first four digits say?

I actually was able to log in and get the answer on my account page.  Thank you...

Jgatie - Thanks for clearing that up!!!  :sunglasses::thumbsup_tone5:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a BNIB Amp:Connect and am wondering if it is Gen1 or 2. Becuase never opened its not in my account and cant use the app suggested.

The first part of the serial on the box is: 1808 34-7E-...

Is this gen 1 or 2?

Thanks in advance

Gen 2, manufactured in August 2018.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you!

Very simple encoding then!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If on iOS, search for “s1 s2” in the App Store and you’ll find my free app which will tell you.

Hello,

So anything after 2015? My Connect has a serial number of 1503. Does that qualify as Gen 2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My free iOS app will tell you, search the app store for “s1 s2”

I logged in.  The account page was useless. No indication of generation.