Question

Gen 1 Connect:AMP system fault after using upgrade code and reset

• 20 June 2020
  • 2 replies

One of my Sonos devices (an early Connect:Amp) was not eligible for S2 addition into the rest of my system.  I used the upgrade code for an Arc and bought another AMP also, but trying to set this one back up on my outdoor speakers.  

After resetting (it was working perfectly prior to the upgrade), it now flashes white/orange with a system fault.

I have tried to factory reset it several times successfully and it adds fine in the S1 app, but any music just causes the volume slider to reset to about 20% and nothing happens other than the blinking.

Submitted system diagnosis:  571349876 and started a case with the assistant: 019*****.

I am now missing a zone in my house. 

Any insight?  

Moderator note: Censored for privacy reasons.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure why it took two days for this to pop up in the forum feed, but I’d recommend that rather than waiting for a community moderator to have the time to look at your diagnostic, it would be quicker if you were to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more options available because they're on the phone with you, they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7. 

Thanks Bruce…  I did contact support today and they confirmed there is a fault in the unit (coincidentally, it worked perfectly until I reset after using TradeUp).  

Since it’s out of warranty, I was directed to contact Sales.  I sat on hold with them for 20 minutes before I had to get back to work.  

Will try the twitter route.

thx!