Future of Sonos - When are Sonos Headphones coming?

• 12 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

From the way Sonos has grown and improved over the last few years I can see them launching headphones soon.

Similar concept as the Roam in the way it can be docked (+charge) when not in use, It would group to a room as the Ikea SYMFONISK Sound remote does, when you pick it up from the dock it could auto mute the room (toggle option in the settings) - diverting audio to the headphones. Headphones should have Bluetooth like the Move and Roam for when out of the house.

Not something I will personally use but I can see a lot of elderly customers and people who have cinema setups using this.

Few thoughts on how it could work:

• Toggle option for auto muting (or not) the grouped room upon removal from the dock
  • Option for a user to be able to listen to headphones whilst another user is still listening to the existing Sonos speakers, same audio coming out of all (good for a user who is hard of hearing)
  • Headphone dock could have an audio input
  • External charger as well as dock
  • More in depth EQ settings

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lewisc 

Thanks for your post, and ideas.

Although we never comment on our (possible)future product lines, I can certainly tag this thread and pass your feedback back to the relevant team. Thanks.