Answered

Full use of sub

• 24 April 2019
  • 6 replies

I’m using a play bar,two rear ones and a sub,for tv sound.I have a play 5in the same room and would like to have it linked to the sub as well to use when they tv isn’t on,is this possible? can’t seem to see a way to do that.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 April 2019, 18:40

The SUB can be bonded to one “room” at a time. If you wanted to, you could “group” the two rooms together to get the SUB in play.
View original

6 replies

The SUB can be bonded to one “room” at a time. If you wanted to, you could “group” the two rooms together to get the SUB in play.
Would that just bond the sub or wouldn’t it bond the whole 5.1 system
It looks as tho one needs a separate sub for each player.i also have two extra play ones physically in the same room but adding the sub makes everything play.I don’t have any 5.1 Dolby encoded music so involving that with the sub makes the music sound messy
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Would that just bond the sub or wouldn’t it bond the whole 5.1 system

For each Sonos room, there is essentially a master speaker. Your playbar is the master speaker, and your sub is bonded to it. Your rear Ones are also bonded to the playbar. Your play:5 is considered a different Sonos room and your sub cannot be bonded to the playbar and the play:5 at the same time.
Thank you ,shame really,the sub actually makes a big difference,it’s almost as tho it takes some of the strain from the speakers and gives it not only a fuller sound but more room filling
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thank you ,shame really,the sub actually makes a big difference,it’s almost as tho it takes some of the strain from the speakers and gives it not only a fuller sound but more room filling

Yes, they do. Most people will just use the playbar for music so it's not really an issue. They only have one Sonos room to each physical room in their house.