Question

Flexson Vinylplay

• 4 December 2015
  • 15 replies

Hi there- I just got a vinyplay, which hooks up to my sonos connect via audio cables (red/white). I also have two play 1s in one room and a subwoofer. For some reason, I can only get one of the play 1s to play. The other play 1 just has loud noise coming out of it, so I've unplugged the red cable entirely on the record player so to not send anything through to it. Any ideas? Thanks

Zak

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

If you swap the red/white connection at the Connect, does the noise move to the other speaker?
Yes it does move to the other speaker. Also, I noticed that the subwooder is in fact working. Thanks for the reply.
Do you have an amp and speakers connected to the connect? Or alternatively can you plugged the vinylplay directly into another amplifier to take the connect out of the loop? It sounds like a faulty TT given the problem moves when you switch the cable around.
Well the sub and speakers are connected wirelessly to the connect (im assuming?). The sub continues to play, just not the one speaker. Is there an additional amp that I could add in to the mix or osmething?
Well the sub and speakers are connected wirelessly to the connect (im assuming?). The sub continues to play, just not the one speaker. Is there an additional amp that I could add in to the mix or osmething?

Err, no, I meant do you have another system you could plug the turntable into in order to test it outside of a Sonos system?

Either way I don't think it matters , it sounds very much like the output on the Vinylplay is knackered, you'll need to return it to wherever you got it from.
I dont. I think that I'll try buying an optical cable and using that. Any reason why that may not work? Thanks
Badge +20
I dont. I think that I'll try buying an optical cable and using that. Any reason why that may not work? Thanks

There in NO optical input on the connect.
Ah dang.. ok. So that must be the out that I see on there?

Does it sound like the red output on the record player is damaged?
The red (right) channel from the TT sounds defective. The SUB obviously works when just one (white) channel is connected, because it reproduces the bass frequencies from both channels.
Badge
Hi there,
Sorry if I hijack this thread. And this is my first post. I am new to Sonos. Been lurking here for a while and have read some informational stuffs.
Not sure if this question been post before, please bear with me.
I have ordered a Flexson VinlyPlay and its being shipped. I have two Play5 paired.
My question is if I connect the turntable to one of the Play5 via the Line in, will the sound comes out from one speaker or both?
Many thanks in advance 🙂
From both, and if you use the correct RCA stereo cable for the connection, stereo LPs will play in stereo.
I don't know the turntable, but I assume it has a pre amp built in? If no, one will be needed too.
Badge
Thanks Kumar for the swift reply. Yes the turntable has pre-amp built in. Will update when its setup. Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You should be good to go when it arrives. It comes with a cable that is a 3.5mm mini jack to RCA cable. Hook the red/white RCA ends to the Vinylplay and plug the 3.5mm into the input on the Play:5.

Go into settings for the play:5 and you should see tab for Line In - set it to autoplay and to that Play:5. That way when you put a record on the Play:5 will automatically switch to the turntable sound.

Once hooked to the Play:5 though you can actually play it to any Sonos speaker in your house (even if the Play:5 were playing something different).

Note: You say your Play:5s are paired. Therefore one acts as left channel and the other the right channel. When you play the turntable it will play as you would expect to left and right channel speakers (even though just hooked to the one).
Badge
Thanks Chris. Good stuff, will give it a shot. Cheers.
Badge
Hi Chris,
The Flexson VInylplay has arrived, the Line in is set up with the paired Play5, and there's sound from both speakers.
But alas , something is wrong with the turntable, it sound 'out of tune'.
Very sure the set up speed (drive belt selection ) is correct. I watched this video as a guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRovZ3R2V0
Tried a few 33 speed vinyl records, the voice and music sounded too slow (warped).
Have contacted Flexson customer support, waiting for for their advice.
Its a new unused item, so not sure if the problem is related to the drive belt,