Question

Fitness Studio

• 20 May 2017
  • 4 replies

My wife is opening a fitness studio. I will be setting up the sound system. I will be using 1 Sonos Connect and 2 Bose Cinemate ll units in the studio. 24 sound dampening panels. I have this set up at home, it sounds great. My question is, how can I add a wireless mic that she can talk through the system along with the music. It would be nice to be able to adjust the volume independent from the music. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Idharmon, welcome to the Sonos community. I don't think the CONNECT and the Bose speakers alone can accomplish everything you want there. The CONNECT outputs a single sound stream at a time. So, you can tell it play music from a source of your choice such as a streaming service like Spotify or music files stored somewhere on the network, and it will output that sound to the Bose speakers. You can also attach a source to the line-in ports and tell the CONNECT to play from Line-In. You could have a microphone connected to this but you would not be able to have the line-in and music playing at the same time.

We're getting a little out of my area of expertise but I think what you need is a mixer. This can be hardware or software; you could probably set this up on a simple computer with the right inputs and outputs, or just use a hardware mixer. You could then have both the CONNECT and the microphone connected to the mixer, and the mixer connected to the speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Something like this from Amazon "FifineDigital Audio Sound Echo Mixer" should do the trick for around $30. Two mike inputs, line in and line out RCA connections.
Hi this is a slightly similar request - I am running workshops and training sessions but am unable to project my voice well. I was wondering if it is possible to use a microphone with my play1 rather than buying a separate PA system?

Any help would be appreciated
Not easily, no. There's not an effective way to get a microphone hooked up to Play:1s. And you'd have the 70 ms delay if you were to hook a mic up to a line in on either a Play:5 or Connect/Connect:Amp, making you sound like a stadium with the delay. You're better off getting a dedicated PA.