Feature Request: Allow TruePlay for non Sonos main speakers

• 17 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’d really like to see this feature come to AMP. 
The fact that it is possible for the same speakers as surrounds means it should be possible for the same speakers as mains. 
I get Sonos wants ppl to purchase their own speakers but this isn’t always feasible. It would be a great differentiator if this feature was added.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dinocaputo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your point about trueplay with the Sonos Amp. I would like to help out a bit.

Trueplay is only available for the Sonos Amp for 2 reasons, Either the Sonance Architectural speakers are the speaker used on the Sonos Amp or the Sonos Amp is used as surround audio for a Home theater set up. Currently, that’s the only supported mode for the Sonos Amp to apply trueplay. We can always send this to our engineering team to take a look into as we value all feature requests and feedback. However, just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted by our engineering team for updates about this feature request so I highly suggest subscribing to this thread and keeping your Sonos App and Sonos products up-to-date to receive the latest features, bug fixes, and releases.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the followup and I would appreciate if you pass this feature request along.