Extra Zone player

I have a extra zone player now that the summer is over.I have taken it out of the pool shed.

My question is would I get any benefit of hooking up the extra zone player in the living room to my pair of Tannoy arena speakers/sub?

My current setup in the livivng room is one zone player hooked up to two Tannoy speakers and a Tannoy sub.

🙂

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Two ZPs in one room? Uh... I don't think there is any benefit...
Userlevel 2
you could stream the same tracks to each ZP, but off by 1/2 a second or so.

Pointless? Yes, but under the right, shall we say, "influences," it would be the 60's all over again. Think "Crimson and Clover"
Userlevel 2
In reality, if you link two or more zones there is absolutely no delay when playing the same track on multiple zones - they would be in perfect synchronization!

Of course if you really like the echo chamber effect you can queue the same song up seperately with the zones unlinked.

Unlike some amplifiers you cannot bridge the ZonePlayer amp outputs to get 100 Watts per channel. However if you had two ZonePlayers with speakers in the same room you would have quite a wall of sound at your disposal.

Unlike some amplifiers you cannot bridge the ZonePlayer amp outputs to get 100 Watts per channel. However if you had two ZonePlayers with speakers in the same room you would have quite a wall of sound at your disposal.

Ok that answers my question I was thinking I could get a little more power to my speakers.

🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings