Question

Error Code 30 : Bridge when updating to 6.4

• 9 September 2016
  • 18 replies

Hi guys,

I've tried to update my sonos system and it seems to have update all my speakers apart from the Sonos Bridge. I've unplugged, power cycled whilst holding the button in, but it still is coming up with a failure when trying to update. If I click use anyway, I can use as normal, it just doesn't seem to want to update. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can I just say this is the first time I have posted on the Sonos forums and i will try this workaround tomorrow, regardless of result I am so impressed with the Sonos response. So many companies just point fingers at others when issues happen. So thank you Sonos.
Thanks for your kind words. Our main concern is that the issue gets resolved. Please do let us know if the workaround works for you.

Disabling sky's broadband shield worked! Thanks all.
Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

I'm having the exact same symptoms but on Hyperoptic (Manchester UK).

Any ideas?

Diagnostic number 6592058

Thanks for the diagnostic. It showed that, actually, your two PLAY:3's are the ones stuck on the previous version of the firmware. I think this will resolve the problem: Please cable in your PLAY:3's to the router, one at a time. Unplug the other three devices from power. (So that only one PLAY:3 is connected, both to power and to the router via Ethernet). Having done this, please try running the update once more. Should you succeed, please try to repeat the process with the other PLAY:3. If this doesn't work, be sure to let us know. Thank you.
Userlevel 2
I'm having the exact same symptoms but on Hyperoptic (Manchester UK).

Any ideas?

Diagnostic number 6592058
Disabling sky's broadband shield worked! Thanks all.
Can I just say this is the first time I have posted on the Sonos forums and i will try this workaround tomorrow, regardless of result I am so impressed with the Sonos response. So many companies just point fingers at others when issues happen. So thank you Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Everyone,

We are still looking into this, but we have a workaround. The problem is coming from SKY Broadband shield.
Please follow the steps below.

1. Click on this link or copy & paste in your Internet browser: block.nb.sky.com
  2. Disable SKY shield. You will need to log into your SKY account for this.
  3. Once disabled you will be able to update your Sonos system.

If you continue to experience this problem or you are unable to follow the steps above please contact our customer care team by phone. A Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to your system and check with you. Thanks.
Badge
Hi guys just thought I would let you know
My son had a go this morning on completing the upgrade and it worked
Didn't do anything different but used his iPhone (third one) and success cheers
I have exactly the same problem on Sky 'so called fibre' near Stansted UK
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Mind following the steps here to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system for us Scummings?

@Jambo75, don't worry if you don't want to do some tinkering there, we're looking into it now and will let you know how it goes. The UK team will be taking a closer look as well in the morning, hopefully they'll be able to identify where the issue is coming up.

I'll update you all when I have news as soon as I have any to share.
Tried rebooting bridge / unplugging x2 play 1's etc. Nothing's working. Can't keep using either for some reason.
Same here. Sky fiber - Coleraine Northern Ireland, error 30 bridge.
Yeah, i'm not too sure what all that means, or how to tinker with it. Any more details?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sky Fibre, located Edinburgh

Thanks. Looking over the diagnostic, the update for the BRIDGE is getting blocked somewhere while we try to download it from update-firmware.sonos.com. The players got through just fine though, so there must be something there that's causing the firewall or blocking software to trigger. We're seeing the BRIDGE get directed to the Sky server's "block" address.

If you able to set an alternative DNS in your router's settings it may update just fine. You could use a free one like OpenDNS or Google's servers. If you're not familiar with this, don't worry, we're going to have our engineers work with Sky to see where this is coming up.

We'll let you know how it goes as soon as we have an update for you. If you're unable to update, you should be able to press the "keep using" and the system should work fine for now. Thanks again!
Badge
Hi Ryan
Bridge flashes green then changes to white whilst the indicator in the update stops approx 50%
Numer is 6524677 internet is Sky fibre and location Northwich Cheshire
Sky Fibre, located Edinburgh
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Jambo, what Internet service provider are you on and where are you located? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post that here publicly.
Hi Ryan, I just submitted a diagnostic: no is 6524559

Neither Laptop not iPad can update to 6.4.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, mind sending a diagnostic after you try to update the BRIDGE?

Also, see if you can use a wired controller off of a computer, or if not, try using a mobile device in the same room as the router.

Directions are here to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system. Just let us know the confirmation number.
Same here, it just won't update...