eco dot with connect amp's

• 5 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi people, wanting to know if the Echo dot or the Eco will pair with the connect amp. e.g echo in the kitchen and I say Alexa turn on radio. ? I know it can connect via the 3.5 jack but the amps are not in the same location as speakers.

Thanks for any help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Right now you can connect the dot via the 3.5mm and use alexa for voice. However upcoming in the next few months integration will be added to Sonos to allow direct control of Sonos speakers via the dot and without a connection.
Not at this time, but it is coming soon. As announced at the end of August, a full integration between new and previously purchased Sonos and Alexa-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, and Amazon Fire TV will be released in 2017. This will allow users to control their Sonos devices via Alexa voice control. See this link for the full press release:

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening
Thank you for the replies, I will just have to wait 🙂