Answered

Does the Port run as hot as the old Connect?

• 22 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi. Pretty much as the title says, my soon-to-be-obsolete Connect ran pretty hot. I was wondering if the Port had been re-designed so it ran cool?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by David C 12 February 2020, 19:35

@Jacob_12

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

The environment plays a part in the temperature because if a Connect is in a cabinet that does not have adequate ventilation then that could cause it to run hot. Our products are designed to run at a safe temperature but if you feel like the Connect is running too hot for your comfort, we can look into this for you. Just let me know and if needed, I can create a support case for you.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Jacob_12

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

The environment plays a part in the temperature because if a Connect is in a cabinet that does not have adequate ventilation then that could cause it to run hot. Our products are designed to run at a safe temperature but if you feel like the Connect is running too hot for your comfort, we can look into this for you. Just let me know and if needed, I can create a support case for you.

The Port consumes about 1/3 less power than Connect when idle. It generally runs cool, however multiple units should not be stacked without an air gap for ventilation.