Answered

Does Sonos AMP Work with Bridge?

Userlevel 1
Badge

One of my original “Connect Amps” has failed and I must replace it with the newer “Amp”. I currently have an original “Bridge” hard-wired to my Ethernet switch in a convenient location and the Bridge communicates wirelessly to the Connect Amp. Will this setup work with the newer Amp? I’d rather not run an Ethernet cable to the place where the Amp must be located.

icon

Best answer by ratty 25 May 2022, 13:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It will work, and the Amp should downgrade itself to S1, but I have to say that Bridge is rather deprecated these days. It contains the oldest SonosNet wireless tech, and over time the power supply has a tendency to fail.

FYI: Remove a Bridge from your Sonos system

If you chose to replace your Bridge with a Boost then you could obtain a 30% discount via the upgrade program.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It will work, and the Amp should downgrade itself to S1, but I have to say that Bridge is rather deprecated these days. It contains the oldest SonosNet wireless tech, and over time the power supply has a tendency to fail.

FYI: Remove a Bridge from your Sonos system

If you chose to replace your Bridge with a Boost then you could obtain a 30% discount via the upgrade program.

Thanks for the reply. BTW, I asked this quest of Sonos “Technical Support” and they didn’t know the answer. USELESS.

That’s fine to downgrade to S1 as I currently have another Connect Amp in the system that hasn’t failed (yet). So, the combination of Bridge, Amp, and (old) Connect Amp are what I want to all work together. I don’t need any features beyond S1 anyway. Sometimes BETTER is the enemy of GOOD ENOUGH.

Worst case, I’ll run the Ethernet cable. But, it’s a PITA.