Does Logitech Harmony Elite work with Port?

• 9 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve failed to add my Sonos Port devices to my Logitech Harmony Elite. The Logitech app finds the Port devices on the network, but then gives an error saying “D1000: Failed to save your device information to the server.” Has anyone had succes adding a Port to their Logitech Harmony remote?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’ve failed to add my Sonos Port devices to my Logitech Harmony Elite. The Logitech app finds the Port devices on the network, but then gives an error saying “D1000: Failed to save your device information to the server.” Has anyone had succes adding a Port to their Logitech Harmony remote?

I have the Port and use the Harmony Elite. Port connected to Amp (cd input). On the Elite under ACTIVITIES I have "Listen to Sonos". This switches on the amp and selects cd input. I havent got the port listed in DEVICES as there's no need. How are you set up?

I have 8 Sonos Ports connected to a whole-house amplifier. The amplifier automatically wakes up when there is a signal on any of the input ports. So, I don’t need to control the amplifier at all -- but I do want to be able to start several of the Sonos ports playing while simultaneously adjusting lighting scenes, etc.

Badge

My system was a ZP80 feeding into my main Hi-Fi and two Play 1s in the kitchen. Every time the microwave was used the music would stop. I then upgraded to a Sonos Port and as this was ethernet wired I expected to get rid of the problems but my Harmony Elite still wanted the Play 1s to control the system and the music stream still had problems. 

I deleted the Sonos activity and devices from Harmony and powered off the Play 1s. I then re-booted everything from modem to Harmony hub and the Port but didn’t power up the Play 1s. The Harmony desktop app then discovered a single Sonos speaker as only the Port was connected. I then created a new activity and checked everything with the Elite worked as it should.

(Please note: It wouldn’t discover the Port until I had re-booted everything as I had already tried twice before and the Harmony desktop app would just hang.)

All good so I powered up the Play 1s and then checked that both the desktop Sonos S1 controller and tablet app could see both the Port and the Play 1s. They were then grouped whilst the Harmony Elite activity “Sonos” was controlling it. Again all good so I went back into the desktop and in the Harmony app / Devices and asked it too Refresh which worked. 

There are now 2 speakers in this device - the Port and the stereo pair of Play 1s and everything is working well. The queue is on the wired Port and when using the microwave the music is only disrupted in the kitchen and not on the main system as before the Play 1s were controlling the queue. If I change the queue from the Harmony Elite all is well and the queue is still attached to the Port.  

The Harmony Elite remote screen shows 2 volume sliders, one for the Port and one for the Stereo pair. Also as I skipped the “Select a Favourite Channel” page when activity Sonos is selected it continues playing the queue from where it was left. 

Fantastic control now and using the Harmony Elite just gets better. Only grouse is that it didn’t control the Philips Hue bulbs without getting a Philips Hub but I don’t think there is another device that can do all this and still not get thrown onto the floor in despair by my other half. Very happy all round.