Question

Docking Options

• 22 June 2016
  • 5 replies

Are there any plans for a new Sonos wireless dock with options for either IOS or Android connectors? Cheers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Wouldn't have thought so.

Why on earth would you want a dock?
I have the old one in storage, unused for a long time. The only use I have for it is outside any WiFi network, when it can play music from a docked device to any play unit it is first set to auto play with; all that is needed is mains power. I can't see a refresh coming though.
The old DOCK was effectively obsoleted when Apple abandoned the 30-pin connector. Moreover software changes in the Sonos app to allow direct play of music stored on iOS and Android devices probably rendered it superfluous in the majority of use cases. The only DOCK feature missing is the piping of audio from other apps, but there are simple ways to address that using Bluetooth, Airplay or Chromecast to suitable device attached to a Line-In.
Badge +1
I use the dock for Podcasts. I can't find a better solution. I update the iPod via the desktop, dock it and control the playback all over the house. Am I missing something? I don't find any phone mounted Sonos-able apps that work as well as the dock.

I'll take any suggestions!
Last time I tried, my dock worked fine with the 30-pin to lightning adapter...