Answered

Do I need a 2nd Boost?

I currently use a Sonos 5.1 System, which is supported with a Boost, in our Entertainment room. In the adjoining Living Room, I have a pair of Sonos Play 5's with a Sub. I have tried unsuccessfully to add a pair of Sonos Ones. I am getting a message that the speakers are a long way from the router. They are quite a distance from the router, but not my Living Room Speakers. I thought that with Boost each Sonos Product acts like an extender. Anyway, recommendations? Will an additional Boost do the trick?
icon

Best answer by Chris 2 May 2018, 21:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Go to Settings/About My Sonos System. Are all your units showing WM:0?
As you say it should not be necessary. Please look in the Sonos app under About My Sonos System. Do your speakers have WM:0 or WM:1 next to them?

I assume the current Boost is wired to your router?
Thanks guy. Yes, that are all marked "0". There must be something else going on, because I tried them in a room right next to the Boost and Router and got the same message. I trouble shoot a few other things and let you know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
have you tried pairing with them connected by Ethernet cable to router. Sometimes that will fix the issue and then you can unplug and return to where belong.
Thanks, Everyone! Chris. connecting vis ethernet did the trick. I have them up and running and paired in minutes with your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
sometimes they are stubborn like that!