Question

Directv DVR audio drops for a sec after FF/RW

• 5 October 2016
  • 3 replies

After I press play when fast forwarding or rewinding using my Directv DVR there is a second or two audio drop. I have the optical connection between the Samsung mini connect and the Playbar. Any help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have that as well. I've always assumed it was a function of the DirecTV reinitializing the data stream on the HDMI, and then my TV doing the same on the optical connection. Occasionally, I lose all sound, but if I change channel to non-HD and then back to HD, it usually fixes it. What I haven't done is to check on the TV's normal speakers to see if it's a problem with DirecTV, or with the Vizio I have. But I'm 99% sure it's not an issue with the Playbar....it's just waiting for an appropriate signal from my TV set to generate sound. For this particular problem, I just use the 5 or 6 second rewind again, so that the sound is back by the time the show starts.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
I have that as well. I've always assumed it was a function of the DirecTV reinitializing the data stream on the HDMI, and then my TV doing the same on the optical connection. Occasionally, I lose all sound, but if I change channel to non-HD and then back to HD, it usually fixes it. What I haven't done is to check on the TV's normal speakers to see if it's a problem with DirecTV, or with the Vizio I have. But I'm 99% sure it's not an issue with the Playbar....it's just waiting for an appropriate signal from my TV set to generate sound. For this particular problem, I just use the 5 or 6 second rewind again, so that the sound is back by the time the show starts.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi guys, there is no lapse in the PLAYBAR reading from its input, so it is not the PLAYBAR itself disrupting the input signal. It'll be the other equipment causing the problem.