Answered

Denon AVR-X3300W with Sonos Port

• 19 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am having a problem using a Sonos Port with a Denon AVR-X3300W. If I turn on the AVR and initially select the input for the Sonos no audio can be heard when I start to play music through the Sonos. If I turn on the AVR and set the input to my TV and then switch the input to the Sonos the audio works as expected.

I had the same issue previously with the same receiver and a Sonos Connect. I am using coax to connect the Sonos to the AVR. The Port doesn't support optical out, but when I had the Connect I tried using an optical connection with the same issue.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue?🙄

icon

Best answer by ratty 19 June 2020, 12:23

I am having a problem using a Sonos Port with a Denon AVR-X3300W. If I turn on the AVR and initially select the input for the Sonos no audio can be heard when I start to play music through the Sonos. If I turn on the AVR and set the input to my TV and then switch the input to the Sonos the audio works as expected.

I had the same issue previously with the same receiver and a Sonos Connect. I am using coax to connect the Sonos to the AVR. The Port doesn't support optical out, but when I had the Connect I tried using an optical connection with the same issue.

No, and since you mentioned having the same problem with the Connect (bolded above) it surely points to a problem in the AVR. It sounds like it won’t recognise the input unless it’s switched over while the input’s actively passing audio data.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, and since you mentioned having the same problem with the Connect (bolded above) it surely points to a problem in the AVR. It sounds like it won’t recognise the input unless it’s switched over while the input’s actively passing audio data.