Delay when using connect to receiver

• 16 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Is there any way to delay the music to my play 5s or play 1s? I have my Sonos connect connected to a high-end receiver. I also have play ones and play fives in the same Sonos net. Trouble is I really like the sound from from my receiver, and I am unable to use the receiver to its fullest because there's a bad echo or delay from the processing of the receiver. Using fixed on the Sonos, and pure Direct on the receiver helps, but that only gives me two-channel stereo. I lose the subwoofer and the additional speakers. I know this is a problem for many people who have high-end receivers attached to a Connect. Is there any talk of adding a delay to the software?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Kyle_13. Thanks for posting and your feedback. At the moment, we have no plans to add a delay to the software to address delays like this. You may want to dig in a bit into the DSP of your high-end receiver to see if there is a way to disable any processing as this is usually what causes the milliseconds of delay.
Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue.