Answered

Damaged RCA ports on connect

• 5 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi. I have a connect that the left analogue audio output doesn't work. The right is fine and will play through to both speakers. The left is dead. I can't use the optical output as my Denon set up only has digital OUT, not IN. Is the any way to swap the ports or is it now a useless box? The goal is to play music via the Sonos app (radio, music on NAS drive) through the Denon set up. TIA
icon

Best answer by ratty 5 January 2019, 18:36

I can't use the optical output as my Denon set up only has digital OUT, not IN.
An adequate DAC is basically a commodity item, and can be had for a few $. Wire one between the Connect's digital out (optical or coax) and the Denon RCA input.
View original

6 replies

I can't use the optical output as my Denon set up only has digital OUT, not IN.
An adequate DAC is basically a commodity item, and can be had for a few $. Wire one between the Connect's digital out (optical or coax) and the Denon RCA input.
Ratty. Excellent Idea thanks. I asked in our local HiFi / Sonos dealership and he said there was no way of converting the digital to analogue so I hadn't looked further - So glad I posted here. Spent all week searching for repairs place... none. Sonos... couldn't help as out of warrenty. iFixit give a strip down but not the RCA ... Thanks again... this is a solution !!! P.S I did have to google DAC 🙂 ... such an obvious anagram when you know it. Again thanks for taking the time to reply... wife will be less cross with me now too.
I asked in our local HiFi / Sonos dealership and he said there was no way of converting the digital to analogue
Where on earth has he been for the last few decades?! Not in the business of which he claims to be a part surely. I'd suggest you treat anything else which this 'dealer' says with a healthy dose of scepticism...
@ Ratty

I know - I think he just wants to sell more kit. I would've got there in the end myself I think. (Approaching 50, I have the mend not replace mentality -I fix my iPhones, washing machines, dyson, I'll have a go at anything!!) But this was bought second hand and the person I bought it from is stressing me out over xmas..... anyway - I've order a DAC arriving tomorrow. Thx again.
@ Ratty

DAC works a treat. Thx
@ Ratty

DAC works a treat. Thx

You can take it along to show your 'HiFi dealer' that there is, after all, a way to convert digital audio to analog....

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings