Answered

Control4 x Sonos Integration - Clear Queue Feature Request

• 24 March 2020
  • 2 replies

When trying to program Control4 keypads to play Spotify playlists through the SONOS integration there is not a command to ‘CLEAR’ the current SONOS queue. This is a problem when I am wanting to change between playlists and randomize the songs within that playlist. 

Example

1. I want to play Playlist A on random so I press the keypad button to trigger that Spotify Playlist through Sonos. 
  2. I want to switch to Playlist B on random so I press another keypad button. Playlist B is added to the sonos queue but the songs from Playlist A are also still in the Queue on random so I sometimes get songs from Playlist A and Playlist B. 
  3. How can I send a command to CLEAR the SONOS Queue before adding another Playlist? 

Please help this is so annoying!

Nick

icon

Best answer by upstatemike 25 March 2020, 23:52

I am a little surprised at this 

Greetings,

Sadly, I don't have any details I can bring to light on this interaction. Sonos is not designed with home automation such as Control4 in mind. We recommend using the Sonos application for the best experience. If you need help with your Control4 integration, it is best to contact your Audio/Video installer or Control4 directly.

I am a little surprised at this because Control4 was officially partnering with Sonos at one point and I seem to recall Patrick talking about Sonos expanding into other areas of the home such as giving a voice to your refrigerator. If Sonos is backing away from Home Automation then I think that is a change from the direction indicated in some past communications.

View original

2 replies

I am a little surprised at this 

Greetings,

Sadly, I don't have any details I can bring to light on this interaction. Sonos is not designed with home automation such as Control4 in mind. We recommend using the Sonos application for the best experience. If you need help with your Control4 integration, it is best to contact your Audio/Video installer or Control4 directly.

I am a little surprised at this because Control4 was officially partnering with Sonos at one point and I seem to recall Patrick talking about Sonos expanding into other areas of the home such as giving a voice to your refrigerator. If Sonos is backing away from Home Automation then I think that is a change from the direction indicated in some past communications.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Greetings,