Answered

Connection query for floor standers

• 24 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a pair of floorstanders that I’d like use in new house but cannot run speaker cable to inconspicuously! There are power outlets already at each location of the floorstandrrs, can I use individual amps , 1 wired to the left flloostander and the other wired to the right floor stander to created a stereo pair- by grouping amps ??? Or by some other manic! 

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 January 2021, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Two Sonos Amps? It’s possible, but (a) one channel of each Amp would be wasted, and (b) volume/EQ/balance would be awkward to control across the two grouped devices.

(You can’t make a ‘stereo pair’ by bonding two Amps in the same way you can with Sonos speakers.)

Badge +20

Sonos does not have the ability to output individual channels, the  Bluesound PowerNode would let you do this but they are more expensive and you need two.

There is flat speaker cable that can be wallpapered over. I have in the past run white speaker cable along skirting / door frames using a hot glue gun, done when the wife is out and she never ever noticed.

edit…

Ratty beat me to it.