Question

Connecting turntable to Sonos Connect to beolab B&O

I’ve been trying this setup,

turntable via phono box s via sonos connect ,

sonos connect with  rca cable to each beolab 4000 , speakers set on line 

There will be only sound from one speaker, when i switch cables it’s the other speaker.

Same problem with any source (pc , iPhone),  only when i play spotify both speakers will play.

I have tried with two different sonos connect, with two beolab 4000 and one beolab 6000, with different rca cables, same problem

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @chrime65, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like you to elaborate on the setup and what we’re trying to achieve.

So, we have a [turntable] line out > line in [phono box s] line out > line in [Sonos Connect] line out > line in [Amplifier/Reciever] with the [Beolab speaker]

and you want to also play on another [Sonos Connect] line out > line in [Amplifier/Reciever] with the [2nd Beolab speaker]?

If this is the case, connect the Turntable to one of the Sonos Connect and group the other Sonos Connect in the Sonos app.

How to group: Room tab > Select the Sonos Connect connected to the turntable > click group > add the other Sonos Connect > hit done.

Then, select your audio source. Anything you select for the group will play on all speakers. 

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Hi Kyle,

thanks for your answer,

however this was not what i’m looking for,

I have turntable line out (or pc mac or iPhone without  phono box s ) >line in [phono box s] line out > line in [Sonos Connect] line out > pair Beolab active speaker

When i play this , i have only sound from 1 of the two speakers,

however when i stream music via this Sonos Connect (Spotify) both of the speakers will play

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @chrime65, thanks for the update.

We checked that the Line-out is working fine for the Connect while playing Spotify.

Now, I want you to connect the speakers directly to the Phono Box S.

So, we can test if the Phono Box S is producing the Left and Right channels. 

If it’s working, we’re going to test the Line-in of the Connect.

Update us about your findings.

Hi,

tested the phono box ,it is not the problem ,

as i mentioned before , when i connect an iPhone or pc mac directly to line in of sonos connect without using the phono box , it gives the same problem.

I also already replaced the sonos connect by an other one , sound from one speaker only

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @chrime65, thank you for the update.

Thank you for testing the Phono Box S, I would like you to clarify how you did the test since it’s working.

For the Sonos Connect, I would like you to do a Loop-back test.

Connect the Line-out of the Sonos Connect to the Line-in of the Sonos Connect with an RCA cable.

Play any music service on the Sonos Connect then select another Sonos speaker to play Line-in as the audio source.

If you hear the other speaker playing, the Line-in is working.

If not, I would like you to take a diagnostic; so we can take a closer look. 

Here’s how to take a diagnostic: Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.

Update us with your findings.

As a test, swap left and right channels to CONNECT’s Line-In. If the dead channel moves to the other side, the problem is not with CONNECT.

Hi Kyle,

The test of phone box = 1/ I connected turntable to phono box s and then connect the speakers directly to the Phono Box S.,

both speakers worked, this way i don’t have a volume control.

2/ I also did a second set up with a B&O beocenter 2 (turntable>phonobox>beocenter 2>sonos connect) , both speakers played

Result of the loop back test = i hear other sonos speakers but first at a low volume, and then after a while volume was ok

diagnostic is 667300178

As a test, swap left and right channels to CONNECT’s Line-In. If the dead channel moves to the other side, the problem is not with CONNECT.

Dead channel is indeed moving

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

The diagnostic does show the connect detecting the Line-in loopback test.

It would seem like we have a bad RCA cable; if the bad channel moved to the other side when doing @buzz ‘s test. 

Try using another RCA cable to connect the Sonos Connect with the original setup. Turntable > Phono Box S > Sonos Connect > Speakers.

Update us with your findings. 

Occasionally, there is a mechanical issue with an RCA plug, preventing it from fully seating in the RCA jack. Visually inspect how far both RCA plugs seat into CONNECT’s jacks.

Hi Kyle,Buzz

thanksalot for helping me out,

i’ve been testing things with other rca cables, turned out there was a problem with two cables, that’s what got me confused,

however it seems that the connection with the rca cables stays a bit delicate , for now i got it working

Thanks!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You’re welcome; just reach out if you have other concerns.

The community is here to help.