Answered

connecting turntable

I can't get my turntable to play. I have sonance 12-50, 3 connect amps and 5 connects. I have connected direct to connect and I get showing that it has sound but nothing plays. (I have gone through the whole connecting line in) I have then connected to sonance bus a input and tried direct to connect amp, and I get nothing.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 May 2019, 07:55

The Sonance 12-50 is just another amplifier.

Yes, a pre-amp would go between your turntable and the analog input on the CONNECT. That would get the turntable into the Sonos ecosystem, and you could then group that input to any and all of your Sonos speakers.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Do you have a pre-amp in between your turntable and the CONNECT? The analog input on any Sonos device requires a line level input, and most turntables only put out what is known as a "phono" level output, which is why most amplifiers have a specific input for phono players.
i don't have a pre amp. i thought there was away to connect it through the sonance. so i need a pre amp and plug in straight to the connect? will that allow me to group it in and play through out the whole house?
The Sonance 12-50 is just another amplifier.

Yes, a pre-amp would go between your turntable and the analog input on the CONNECT. That would get the turntable into the Sonos ecosystem, and you could then group that input to any and all of your Sonos speakers.