Answered

Connecting Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable to Sonos Connect:Amp

• 14 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have connected the turntable to the Connect:Amp but can't seem to get this to work. I have two Sonos One’s connected to the Connect:Amp. Please could anyone help? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 February 2021, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Does this turntable have a built in preamp? If so, you’d need to turn it on, usually marked as ‘line’, rather than ‘phono’. If not, you’d need to purchase a preamp, and place it between the turntable and the Sonos. 

Hi, Thanks Bruce. The turntable does have output select as ‘line’ or phono’ and had this switched to ‘phono’??   

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Line is the amplified signal. Have you tried it?

Here is a good reference between Phono and Line levels. All Sonos line-ins are looking for line level data. You’d want that switch set to ‘line’, as 106rallye suggests, and I indicated in my first response. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Murls 

Assuming as others have suggested your turn table is pre-amped (or using and outboard pre-amp) and line-in is selected; that part of your connection to the Connect:AMP is taken care of.  However, when you say you have two Sonos One’s connected to the Connect:Amp that is an inaccurate statement.  Hopefully, you mean you have the Sonos’s One’s as a stereo pair named as a room and have set them to autoplay as outlined here.