Answered

Connecting Sonos to Marantz HD-Amp1 & Marantz-CD1

• 19 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Sub, a Sonos bar, a Sonos connect. I also have a Marantz HD-CD1 connected to a Marantz HD-Amp. I want to connect all so I can listen my Marantz system using my Sonos speakers. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 February 2018, 18:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Assuming you aren't using the Sonos Connect at this time:

To play other sources (i.e. Turntable, CD Player etc.): Analog Audio-Out from Marantz HD-CD1 to Audio-In on Sonos Connect *
To Play music via the Sonos App: Analog or Optical Audio –Out from Sonos Connect to Audio-In on Marantz HD-AMP1 *

* You may experience slight audio lag Sonos speakers vs those connected to AMP
I am trying not to use any additional speakers. For speakers I only wanted to use my Sonos speakers. Thanks
Userlevel 7
I am trying not to use any additional speakers. For speakers I only wanted to use my Sonos speakers. Thanks

The connections between your Sonos Connect and your Marantz components remain the same *. Since you're only using your Sonos speakers then just ignore my comment regarding speaker lag. However, you now know what to possibly expect if you do decide to connect 3rd party speakers to your Marantz.

* Since you're not using speakers connected to your Marantz you can forego: Analog or Optical Audio –Out from Sonos Connect to Audio-In on Marantz HD-AMP1, if you want.

Setup your Sonos speakers via the Sonos App:

_Playbar with bonded sub and name them as a room.

_Setup your Connect as a room.

Group the Playbar/Sub with the Sonos Connect to hear music from a source connected to your Marantz (i.e. Turntable, CD player etc).

Cheers!
Thank you for your response.