Answered

Connecting Sonos to Alexa Dot

• 28 December 2016
  • 31 replies

Connected Alexa via Yonomi App, however she cannot follow my music command like volume control. My Alexa app shows she is connected to all my Sonos components . Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 December 2016, 20:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
In my case I bought an Echo & Echo Dot first, then read about the planned Sonos/Alexa integration, and that's what drove me to look more closely at Sonos systems.

I auditioned Sonos, quickly bought lots of gear, and I totally love it. Ironically, I barely use the Echo now. Even a PLAY:1 simply _crushes_ an Echo for audio quality, and the Sonos app. (across a variety of iOS/Mac/PC platforms) serves my audio needs exceptionally well. Add in the line-in options, and the picture is complete.

I do look forward to the Alexa integration -- I'm sure it will be good -- but I can't say I care that much.

I really am looking forward to the integration as well. My Alexa has become useless for music since I got Sonos. Sound quality is so much better on Sonos. I just am ready for it all to work together... Hopefully this happens this year.
I have two play bars Two subs two Play 1's that I have working as a surround package and One Play 5 in my kitchen. Love SONOS speakers.
Badge
The last comment was from 3 months ago. I have been a Sonos guy for years now....is there still no integration? Gewiz it is almost 9/17...is it going to happen this year did they change their mind? this would be a major let down,,,, Well I guess I have to consider switching to a complete Apple system? I just hate SIRI though.
Well, they have 3 more months to go before they're late, since they promised it sometime in 2017, so I'd recommend some patience.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
The last comment was from 3 months ago. I have been a Sonos guy for years now....is there still no integration? Gewiz it is almost 9/17...is it going to happen this year did they change their mind? this would be a major let down,,,, Well I guess I have to consider switching to a complete Apple system? I just hate SIRI though.
I heard that every time somebody complains about Alexa integration not being out and threatens to switch to an unreleased Apple product that Sonos pushes the release date back 1 day.

Just a rumor. 😃
And an angel loses its wings...
And the bunny gets it.