Question

Connecting receiver wirelessly to Sonos Connect

• 22 January 2021
  • 1 reply

This is my setup:

In my living room I have four wired speakers, have just purchased a new soundbar and sub, and am looking for a new receiver. In my kitchen and on my back patio, I have four wired speakers that are connected to a Sonos Connect. I stream Apple Music through the Connect and can play the same music inside and out at the same time. I want to wirelessly pair the new receiver I am about to purchase to the Connect so I can stream music in both areas at the same time. I’m considering a Denon receiver but haven’t made a decision yet. I’m just not 100% sure how to make this happen, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wgweaver

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. We also appreciate you adding Sonos devices to your current system. Let me share some information with you.

Sonos can be configured in either a wireless or wired setup using the Sonos app. A third-party receiver like Denon, will not work with your Sonos Connect wirelessly. The Sonos app doesn't have the capability to detect or setup Non-Sonos devices. You can wire your Denon receiver to the Sonos Connect and play the same music to all your 4 speakers. If you have another Sonos device, grouping the rooms will play the same music at the same time.

Hope this helps. If need other information, you can reach back to us or visit our website. You may also reach out to our sales team for further assistance.