Connecting receiver to Sonos speakers

• 17 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I am looking for a way to connect our reciver to our sonos speakers so that we can get sound from smart TV, Dish, PS4, DVD player, etc to play over existing wired speakers and sonos speakers at the same time.  I am assuming there is another component we need to connect the reciever and the sonos speakers, however after reading through the descriptions of what’s available, it’s not clear to me what I need.  Any advise is appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mollence525.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you’re looking for recommendations on how to integrate your receiver, TV, PS4, etc into your Sonos Ecosystem. Let me share some information to help out.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand how to provide some critical information.

• What Sonos products you already have? Based on your profile, you already have the Sonos Move, Play 1, and Sonos Connect. Any other Sonos products you have?
  • What devices are connected to your TV and receiver?
  • What is the make and model of your receiver?

Here at Sonos, we do not recommend connecting our Sonos home theater products into any third-party devices. We recommend connecting our Sonos home theater products directly through the TV via the HDMI ARC, Optical, or HDMI eARC port of the TV.

Here are the Sonos Home theater products you can consider connecting to your TV and their corresponding FAQs.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I'll be more than happy to help you out with that.

Thanks,

Hi @mollence525.

<snip>

The OP doesn’t want to use a Sonos Home Theater product, they want their current home theater connected to Sonos.

To the OP, give us the make/model of your receiver.  If it has an analog output or a tape monitor circuit, you can use a Sonos Port to play Sonos through your receiver, and use the Line-In on the Port to get the analog output/tape output on the receiver to play on other Sonos devices.