connecting multiple wired recievers with sonos connect

• 24 December 2018
  • 5 replies

i am purchasing a sonos connect to attach to a nad 388 amplifier in order to stream music from my synology nas to the nad amplifier i also have two onkyo recievers which are hard wired to the router. i could use the onkyo streaming app to stream music on the nas storage device to those amplifieers but would prefer to use the sonos app to do this. do i need to buy multiple sonos connects to connect to each onkyo reciever or could i stream from the connect which is attached to the nad amplifier to the onkyo recievers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You have to have a way to get the audio to the Onkyo receivers. Pretty much every one would need a connect (creating 3 zones) - only other way would be if you could wire multiple ones from a single connect (distance wise I don't know if any are near each other).
would having a sonos playbar in proximity to all three amps help. also all the speakers connected to the two onkyo amps pass thru a niles sms 10 speaker distribution system
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No and doesn't matter.

Consider using the Connect TOS / Optical output and a three way splitter going to your receivers.
thanks i could use a tos splitter but no way now to run the wires to the 2 onkyo amp
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I really hate long RCA runs, the only other option, and a three way split on top of that is likely gonna hum like mad so that is no way to go.

Multiple Connects may be your only option.