Answered

connecting Bose Companion 5 multimedia speakers to Sonos connect

• 16 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Hi I have got a BOSE Companion 5 that i am trying to add to my setup via a Connect. I am connecting the 2 via the Audio out on the connect into the auxillary input on the Bose (this is located on the sound module Puck) I thought this would be a simple exercise but i am finding that i am only getting the faintest sound out of the speakers with no Bass at all.

My current setup includes a number of Play 1s throughout the house plus a B&W Zepellin attached to a second connect which also links to my Rega Turntable.

any ideas as to how i can get this to work ?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 16 February 2017, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the bose speakers are self powered, then you'd need just the CONNECT. If you need to supply the speakers with the power of an amplifier, then go with the CONNECT:AMP.
I am also trying to use my Bose Companion 5 speakers via a connect. The Connect would have to be non-powered, correct? Line out to the boss puck aux, I hope. I just need to know which Connect to purchase to make this work.
In the Settings->Room Settings for the Connect, set the Volume to Fixed.