Answered

Connecting Amp to Beam and Surrounds.

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Dear all,

I have an implemented sound environment containing Beam (connected to TV), Sub and several Ones. Everything worked just perfect until I decided to connect my vinyl player to my sound equipment. 
I purchased Amp specifically for that purpose expecting that it would be able to take vinyl as input and stream it to existing equipment as output. However, it was not possible to add Amp to existing sound group during the setup, so it was only possible s to set it up as separate equipment group with separate output speakers. 
Is it possible to implement scenario I described above? If yes, what should be done to implement it?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 23 November 2020, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sergey Z.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to integrate your turntable into your Sonos Ecosystem. let me help you out.

Currently, Sonos Supports up to 5.1 surround sound set up which in your situation the Sonos Beam, Sub, and 2 Ones as surrounds. There is no feature on the Sonos App that would allow you to add additional speakers on top of the maximum supported setup. The situation you have described above is the only way you would be able to have the turntable audio to come out of your Sonos home theater speaker. Add the Sonos Amp as a new product (new room) and use the group and ungroup feature on the Sonos App to group your Sonos Amp to the Beam.

Please let me know if you still have any questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks a lot, it worked perfectly

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sergey Z.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that everything worked. Using the group and ungroup feature of the Sonos App, you can group any Sonos Speaker on the same system that has audio output and mimic the music throughout the existing Sonos system. The line-in feature of the Sonos Amp is not limited to the turntable, as long as the third-party music source such as cd-player, radio, etc have a audio out port, you can use the group feature to play the music from the Sonos Amp via line-in into your Sonos ecosystem. Congratulations and i do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have additional questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,