Answered

Connecting a turntable to Play5 without Line-in cable

• 8 December 2020
  • 5 replies

So I have my Play5 sat high on a shefl to fill the room. I have my new Pro-ject Turntable on my bar. They’re several meters apart with no obvious cable run so how can I connect without having to use the Line-in cable option? Any Line-out convertors that work with the Sonos App?

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 8 December 2020, 18:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You could buy a Bluetooth receiver and transmitter plugging the receiver into the Play 5 and transmitter into the turntable or phono amp if your turntable doesn’t have one built in. 

personally I’d find a way of running a cable. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @pcarr18 

If you don’t mind the cost of the investment you could purchase a Sonos Port to sit next to your turntable and use it’s line-in. You would designate the Play 5 as the auto-play speaker/room. 

Cheers!

You could buy a Bluetooth receiver and transmitter plugging the receiver into the Play 5 and transmitter into the turntable or phono amp if your turntable doesn’t have one built in. 

Looks like the cable option is the obvious option - just goes against the grain when you’ve spent £500 on a wireless speaker! Thanks.

Hi @pcarr18 

If you don’t mind the cost of the investment you could purchase a Sonos Port to sit next to your turntable and use it’s line-in. You would designate the Play 5 as the auto-play speaker/room. 

Cheers!

I’m surprised Sonos didn't suggest this whenI was on their online chat. It’s another £400 though so not the cheapest option. Might have to live with a cable after all. Or look on eBay! Thanks - appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looks like the cable option is the obvious option - just goes against the grain when you’ve spent £500 on a wireless speaker! Thanks.

No it doesn't: it takes two to tango, so your turntable should be (Sonos-)wireless too (which it isn't).