Connecting a Sonos Connect to a Denon AVR-S730H

• 9 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I have set up the Connect to my WiFi and want to use the optical cable method to connect to the Denon. I want to connect the optical cable to the Digital Audio (IN) 2 Media Player. I connect the cable but no sound comes out of the already wired speakers. Is there a setting I have to change?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I have a Sony Receiver and a Connect and they are linked via an Optical cable. It all works perfectly. Without meaning to cause offence, are all the basics definitely right? The Connect is playing something, the Denon is set to the right input, volume settings are appropriate on both devices?

Depending on how you want to use the Connect, you can set it at a fixed level output or be able to adjust the volume through the Sonos app whilst leaving your Denon at a highish volume.
Thanks Nick for the response. The connect is working, in that the optic cables are glowing 'red'. I plug the cable in to the Media Player in the digital audio port and no sound comes out. I can play with the volume settings on the Sonos and recheck the levels on the Denon and go from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Denon receivers often have input configuration settings that send the music coming into the back ports to different internal devices. Dig out your manual and see if you can find something on this.
I found mine easier to use by sending the video output to my TV rather than working on the RX's small display, if you have that option give it a try too.