Answered

Connect with IMAC APPLE

• 3 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I am very happy with my installation SONOS ( 2X PLAY 1+ 2X PLAY 5 GEN 1) They work together but from time to time. I want to use one speaker ( PLAY 5) as an external speaker for my IMAC with external source. I tried with a cable jack but it does not work. Must it be completely disconnected from the network ? Someone help me? Thanks in advance.:$
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 February 2019, 12:10

The Play-5 should work from your MAC when cabled from the audio line-out on the sound card to the line-in on the speaker. Just make sure after you have set it up, to open the Sonos App and select the line-in source on the 'Browse' Tab' in order for the audio to play on the Play-5 Room... if you don’t hear anything then check your volume controls both on the Mac and the Sonos room.

Once you have things working for you, you can go to the Play 5 'Room Settings' in the Sonos App and select 'Advanced Audio/Line-In' where you will see a variety of settings to set the line-in to auto play on particular Sonos Speaker(s) with options to set a startup volume etc.

Hope you manage to get it up and running.?
View original

1 reply

The Play-5 should work from your MAC when cabled from the audio line-out on the sound card to the line-in on the speaker. Just make sure after you have set it up, to open the Sonos App and select the line-in source on the 'Browse' Tab' in order for the audio to play on the Play-5 Room... if you don’t hear anything then check your volume controls both on the Mac and the Sonos room.

Once you have things working for you, you can go to the Play 5 'Room Settings' in the Sonos App and select 'Advanced Audio/Line-In' where you will see a variety of settings to set the line-in to auto play on particular Sonos Speaker(s) with options to set a startup volume etc.

Hope you manage to get it up and running.?