Answered

Connect vs Connect S15?

Is there any technical difference in a second gen Connect (2015 date) and a S15 (2019 date)?

Thanks, Rich

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 June 2021, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is the model # of the other Connect you are referring to? ZP90 was 2005 vintage.

Both run on the S2 app. I only need 1 and want to keep the better of the 2, if there’s any difference. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If they can both run S2 then it really doesn’t matter, but I would keep the newer one to reduce the chance of random hardware failure.

Thanks for your reply. That’s my plan.

Do you, or anyone else, know if there’s any difference in sound quality, etc. between the two units?

Thanks, Rich

There should be none. 

They may have slightly different electronics inside them, but from the outside they’d be exactly the same audio quality. 

Thanks Bruce. Have a great day!

I would keep both, esp if both work on S2. Brilliantly designed and built hardware and what you get by selling one will be peanuts...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

As far as I know, the 2nd Connect device is AirPlay compatible. The 1st generation, which I have, is not… unfortunately 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No, none of the Connect generations were Airplay compatible. You might be thinking of the Port.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

No, none of the Connect generations were Airplay compatible. You might be thinking of the Port.

You’re right. I was actually thinking about Port when I wrote “2nd Generation Connect device”. Thanks for clearing this out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Richmoore15 you can read a thorough review of the Sonos Port in the August issue of Macworld 2020. Observe, that there are some issues to consider like the sound quality and controls compared with its predecessor.