Answered

Connect, turntable & Pioneer receiver

• 19 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a couple of Play ones, a beam, and a connect. I want to connect my old turntable, an old Pioneer receiver with wired speakers to my Sonos speakers. After connecting my turntable to the receiver, how to I connect my receiver to the connect???

icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 November 2018, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Use the Tape 1 jacks.
Note though, using the Tape 1 jacks will cause a delay between the receiver and the other Sonos speakers. If you wish to have the turntable play in sync with the other Sonos, you would need a pre-amp for the turntable (external or built-in). Connect the turntable/pre-amp to the Line-in on the Connect and then connect the analog outs on the Connect to the Aux in on the receiver.

If you are not concerned with playing the receiver in sync with the other Sonos devices, Tape 1 jacks will do it.
Just tried tape jacks- both play & record with receiver set to tape- still no sound. Is there a setting I’m missing on the app?
You need to select the Line-In source on the app.
Thanks!!!