Answered

Connect to sony str-dh590

• 20 December 2020
  • 4 replies

When I plug my optical audio into the receiver the sound doesn't come through. But when I used my Xbox as a receiver it worked just fine. I can not find a solution. 

icon

Best answer by cincy1088 20 December 2020, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I just returned and found out there's a hdmi port switch box. Saves 120 bucks and a headache. Thanks though

None of the settings through the app work. I'm under the impression the the receiver doesn't support the sonos system. Working that now

See if the information shown in this link below may help you to assign the optical port on the Sony Receiver to the correct audio input type:

https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdh59/v1/en/contents/TP0001553384.html

Are you playing audio from the Connect’s Line-in port? and if so, have you selected the Line-in as the audio source in the ‘Browse Tab’ (music icon on main bottom bar) within the Sonos App, so it plays to the Connect’s Sonos Room? 

What is the audio-out level set to in the Connect’s Room Settings under “Settings/System/[Connect’s Room Name]", are you using, variable or fixed level? Have you tried toggling between the two to see if you get sound from either?