Connect Samsung Q7 series with my Sonos speakers

• 30 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi
I have two Sonos play 5 (generation 1) and one sub. Now I have purchased a Samsung q7 series with one connect box. I would like to have TV sound for my speakers. How can I pair TV and sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not terribly easy to do. Does that Samsung have an analog output? If so, you could connect it to one of the stereo paired speaker's line in, with the understanding that you'd be paying an additional 75ms delay at minimum to transfer from analog to digital and buffer for simultaneous play across multiple speakers. No way around that on an analog input on a Sonos device, it's the way the system was designed.

Or, you could go the easier, but more expensive route of purchasing a Sonos product that's designed to work with TVs, they have three: the Beam (with HDMI-ARC) and the PLAYBASE and PLAYBAR (which work with optical connection). All of these devices won't give you any significant delay, as the input they're accepting from your TV is a digital one, instead of an analog one.