Answered

Connect outdated now??

• 21 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge

So i just recieved the email informing me my connect that I JUST PURCHASED NEW at BestBuy in DECEMBER is now not going to be supported??  I paid $350 just ONE MONTH AGO and this happened??

Maybe I need to return it to BestBuy?  Can I still do this.  I use it to connect my Turntable wirelessly to my Play1s and sub

icon

Best answer by jgatie 21 January 2020, 19:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

So i just recieved the email informing me my connect that I JUST PURCHASED NEW at BestBuy in DECEMBER is now not going to be supported??  I paid $350 just ONE MONTH AGO and this happened??

Maybe I need to return it to BestBuy?  Can I still do this.  I use it to connect my Turntable wirelessly to my Play1s and sub

Only Connects manufactured in 2015 or earlier are affected.

Badge

Only Connects manufactured in 2015 or earlier are affected.

Then why did I get the email telling me My Connect is a legacy product??  I have the box in my hand and it has a 2018 date on it…

I dont understand.

also I just checked the BestBuy site and theyre still offering this product I have

Then why did I get the email telling me My Connect is a legacy product??  I have the box in my hand and it has a 2018 date on it…

I dont understand.

also I just checked the BestBuy site and theyre still offering this product I have

I have no idea.  Just relaying the facts.  Perhaps Best Buy had very old stock?  If so, I would return it.  

I would look try and talk with Sonos to confirm that your product is legacy or not.  It’s a little hard to believe that your Connect has been sitting in warehouse for years, so maybe it’s a mistake.

If it’s not a mistake, or you just to care to verify, I would definitely look into returning it.  Maybe exchanging it for another Connect, although it could also end up being legacy.  Not sure how you’d verify that.

Badge

The date on the box does, in fact, say 2018.  I bought it December 26 at BEST buy here in Savannah .. 

I'm 100% inside one month.  But I would think it's fine being that it's brand new and a CURRENT MODEL IN STORES THIS SECOND 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It should be 30 days just like SONOS guarantees. 

Bought my Connect from Amazon a month ago. It has now been identified by Sonos as Legacy.  It does not have any dates.  Is Amazon selling 5 year old Sonos? Threw away box, I need to return somehow. This is nonsense.  This is exactly what Sony did to a receiver I bought; one year later, support discontinued.  Never bought any Sony product again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

ojsakila, Best Buy has a history of selling back stock but it doesn’t sound like that is what happened to you. Check your Sonos System page to confirm it is a real issue and if it is contact Sonos by phone for the best results.  https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

fugu58, Did you buy it from Amazon or from a third party seller on Amazon? Did you confirm it is listed as legacy at the link above? If it is contact Amazon and set up a return.

ojsakila, Best Buy has a history of selling back stock but it doesn’t sound like that is what happened to you. Check your Sonos System page to confirm it is a real issue and if it is contact Sonos by phone for the best results.  https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

fugu58, Did you buy it from Amazon or from a third party seller on Amazon? Did you confirm it is listed as legacy at the link above? If it is contact Amazon and set up a return.

Sold by Amazon LLC. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you confirmed it is a legacy device with the link I posted then open your orders page and hit the return button, it is a quick process and you can drop off the package or have UPS pick it up if there is an adult home.

If you didn’t check that link do that before you aggravate Amazon with an unnecessary return.