Answered

Connect or Play 5 for Project essential III phono

• 9 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Appreciate some advice please. Considering buying a Project essential III phono (with built in pre-amp) and looking for the best way to connect it to my existing sonos set up of 2x play 1 and 1x play 3. I am considering buying a connect OR a play 5. I have considered a preloved play 5 as a way to enhance my existing set up for a similar cost of just the connect. Any opinions on this much appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 19 October 2018, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Appreciate some advice please. Considering buying a Project essential III phono (with built in pre-amp) and looking for the best way to connect it to my existing sonos set up of 2x play 1 and 1x play 3. I am considering buying a connect OR a play 5. I have considered a preloved play 5 as a way to enhance my existing set up for a similar cost of just the connect. Any opinions on this much appreciated.

Hi shortjock,

Welcome to the community. Both the Connect and Play:5 have line-in connections, so either will work to accept the audio from your Project Essential. The benefit of the Connect is that it has both inputs, and outputs. You could integrate an existing stereo, or other a/v equipment. The benefit of the Play:5 is that it is another speaker you could add to your Sonos system.