Answered

Connect Nr-1605 Marantz to Sonos Connect

• 27 March 2019
  • 5 replies

I want to play the Marantz through the Sonos speakers using Connect. I am using the PreAmp outputs on the Marantz, and the OPtical cable for the Sonos to play through the Marantz (which works fine). With the Marantz playing through the Sonos Connect I don't get much volume even when the volume control is up to full. What could be the problem?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 March 2019, 23:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can adjust the line-in input level in the line-in settings for the Connect.
I tried that. From 1 - 10? No change regardless of the setting.
Just to be sure, what jacks on the CONNECT are those cables from the PreAmp outputs connected to?
IN on the Connect Pre-Amp Out on the marantz. I am getting sound. Just not enough. The Marantz volume control works the house speakers and the Sonos speakers, I am just getting very little volume out of the Sonos speaker on full blast(on the Sonos controller)
Zone 1, or Zone 2?

As usual, I'm with jgatie... it should be an adjustment on the line in settings in the Sonos controller.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080

Unless there's some hardware fault on the Marantz or CONNECT. It may be wise to contact Sonos to discuss it.